Anderson House was originally known as Maple Leaf Hostel when it was erected in 1923. The Fellowship of the Maple Leaf was a society formed in England to send British teachers to schools in Western Canada.
Established in 1918, the hostel was a residence for British students attending Normal School. During the Depression there was a surplus of teachers so the hostel provided accommodation for Anglican teachers in training and business girls coming to the city to work. During WW II, Anderson House was occupied by the Women's Division of the Royal Canadian Air Force.
Due to a lack of housing following the war, the Anglican Church leased the building and the Maple Leaf Hostel was used as a safe haven for discharged service women until 1947 when it was taken over by the Anglican Women's Association and called Hostess House.
Anderson House served as the fourth home of St. Chad's Theological College from 1952 until 1965 and was renamed Harding House in memory of Bishop Malcolm Harding, the fourth Bishop of Qu'Appelle.
In 1970, Harding House along with the rest of the Anglican property was sold to the Saskatchewan Government and leased to a number of groups for use by various family, youth, justice and youth justice operations.
Due to the need for massive repairs and upgrades, the Saskatchewan Government moved out of the building and the entire 26 acre property was put up for sale in 1999. Harding House was left empty until 2004 when Heritage Magazine listed it as one of the top ten most endangered heritage properties in Canada. That same year, Fioranti Homes and Commercial Ltd. purchased the 26 acres on the corner of College Avenue and Broad Street and sold off the five heritage properties.
The Anderson family purchased Harding House in 2006. Over the next three years a massive restoration of the property occurred and Anderson House went from being listed as one of the ten most endangered heritage properties to one of the most prestigious heritage properties in Canada. This four story Commercial Building is situated in a developing new community called Canterbury Park.
In February of 2010, Anderson House was presented with the City of Regina Municipal Heritage Award.